Sifu (Chinese for teacher) Jack is one of a few living instructors born into a family of martial artists, who can claim a direct lineage in Kenpo. Having parents and grandparents who were practiced in the arts of Shorin Ryu, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Taekwondo and Hapkido, Sifu started his martial arts education as a young boy. He continued his studies in the US Marine Corps in the 70s, where he went on to win competitions in kata and fighting. Sifu Jack has also been a part of Tracy’s Karate most of his life by way of Grand Master J.T. Will, Grand Master Dick Willett, and Grand Master Orned “Chicken” Gabriel. In 2015, Sifu Jack was awarded his 10th Dan black belt in the Tracy’s system. Due to Sifu Jack’s lineage and innovation, he was given his own system of Kenpo by the Tracy organization in 1990. This system is called, Shamburger’s Chinese Hawaiian Kenpo, and is a synthesis of the martial arts styles Sifu Jack learned as a child with his Tracy Kenpo Karate background. Students from all over the world come specifically to learn our dynamic and versatile system.
He also loves to tell his students to, “Get a haircut!” (we consider it a compliment).
Sifu Jack was named New Yorker of the Week by NY1 TV for his continued service to the women of New York through the SMASH! Free Women’s Self Defense program which he started over 30 years ago and which has been offered continuously ever since.
- 9th Dan Black Belt – Chinese Hawaiian Kenpo – 1990
- 8th Dan Black Belt – American Freestyle Karate (presented by Steve “Nasty” Anderson) – 2001
- 10th Dan Black Belt – Tracy International Studios – 2015
- 6th Dan Black Belt – Kempo Jutsu Kai – 2000
- 5th Dan Black Belt – U.K.K.A. – 1991
- 5th Dan Black Belt – Kar Do Jitsu Ryu – 1990
- 5th Dan Black Belt under Arthur Bergen – Okinawate (Classical Weapons) – 1988
- 5th Dan Black Belt – United Karate Federation
- 5th Dan Black Belt – American Kenpo Karate
- 3rd Dan Black Belt – Taekwondo Hapkido – 1978
- 3rd Dan Black Belt – Master Gun Sergeant Victor Davis – Shotokan – 1980
- 3rd Dan Black Belt – Lt. G. Ruben – U.S.M.C. BKKA Shotokan – 1980
- 3rd Dan Black Belt – I.T.F. Tae Kwon Do
- 3rd Dan Black Belt under Arthur Ruez – Philippino Arts Forms – 1977
- International Certification to have his own subsystem called Shamburger’s Chinese Hawaiian Kenpo – 1990